Credit or Hire Applications
Upon application for a credit or hire agreement, we or the finance / leasing company will search your record via credit reference agencies. Details of this search will be added to your credit file and will be visible to other organisations conducting searches. Directors and Partners of firms applying for credit or hire may also be searched. Any financial association you may have with other people will be viewable via the credit reference agency. In this situation you may be treated as linked and assessed with any associated records. If you are a joint applicant, or a Director of a company, you must confirm that;
- You have permission to disclose the relevant information about a joint applicant or any fellow director / partners
- You are giving us authorisation to search, record and link any information submitted to us about a joint applicant, director, partner or anyone else referred to by you
A credit scoring system will be used when assessing your application. When an agreement has been taken, the leasing / finance company will add details of the agreement, the payments you make under the agreement and any default or failure to keep to its terms and conditions to your credit file. They will also record a failure to tell us of a change of address where a payment is overdue.
The records will be shared with other organisations and will be used by both them and us in order to make future decisions about credit and/or credit related services like insurance. It will also be used to trace debtors, recover debt and manage your credit account. For the above purposes, the leasing/finance company may make further searches; these will be added to your account but will not be shared with others.
If we identify fraud via false or inaccurate information, fraud prevention agencies will be informed, and further action may be taken.
The following information will be shared with other organisations in order to prevent fraud and money laundering;
- Credit related accounts and facilities
- Application details for credit and credit related activities
- Debt recovery
- Applications and claims for all types of insurance
- Job applicants and Employees
Law enforcement agencies may also access this information. Fraud Prevention Agencies from other companies will also be used by us and other organisations.
Sharing Your Information
Information about you and your agreement will be kept on our database. We will pass any information about you or your agreement to any financing principal we engage, an administrator that you have appointed, to your insurer for claims handling, fraud prevention and administration, to insurance companies or for recovering any amounts owing or to whom we transfer an agreement to. Should you request, we can supply you with a copy of any information we hold about you. To request a copy of the personal information we hold on you, please see the section in this policy on Subject Access Requests.
Why Would You Receive Marketing Emails From us?
If you have received one or more emails from us;
- You are a current customer or previous customer within the last 6 years
- You provided us with your details by opting in for our e-news and deal alerts or requesting a quote
- You have an existing business relationship with us
We will only use the information you have provided to tell you about products and services we, Rivervale Cars Ltd offer that may be of interest to you.
You have a right to opt-out of our direct marketing communications at any time. You can opt-out by following the Unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the communication or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Updating Personal Data
If you believe the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, we encourage you to correct us. You can do so by contacting the Data Protection Officer.
We hope that we can address any concerns you may have, but you can always contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). For more information, visit www.ico.org.uk.
Your Privacy – Protecting it
In order to protect the personal data collected from you, appropriate security measures are taken by us to ensure that any personal data processed is kept as safe as possible. All of our staff are trained to respect personal data and follow our company data policy.
We have taken all necessary steps to create a safe and secure website for our users however we are not liable and do not accept any responsibility for the security of any personal data you transmit via the internet. You agree that your use of the internet and our site is totally at your own risk.
We may transfer your information to organisations in other countries on the basis that anyone to whom we pass it protects it in the same way we would and in accordance with applicable laws.
In the event that we transfer information to countries outside of the European Economic Area (which includes countries in the European Union as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway), we will only do so where:
- The European Commission has decided that the country or the organisation we are sharing your information with will protect your information adequately;
- The transfer has been authorised by the relevant data protection authority; and/or we have entered into a contract with the organisation with which we are sharing your information (on terms approved by the European Commission) to ensure your information is adequately protected.